I just listed a new painting on Etsy called "True Love". The painting celebrates the true love of a young mother for her child as they enjoy nature among budding dogwoods and sweet robins. I thought I would share the progressive development of this mixed media collage painting from sketch to the finished painting. As you can see, I changed things along the way, but painting is a journey and you just go where it takes you. I just realized that I started my sketch off with the baby holding a stuffed animal - a rabbit. I didn't even think about 2011 being the Year of the Rabbit! Maybe I should have left the painting the way that it was. Oh well, I'll just have to paint another one. Anyway, I hope you like this version! The painting is listed in my Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/listing/66923562/true-love-original-mixed-media-painting?ref=pr_shop if you'd like to take a peek:)