Here are a few things that I am working on at the moment. I don't necessarily plan some of my paintings. The African-American lady reminds me of Michelle Obama with her strong arms, sixties flip hairstyle, and her Jackie-O dress. I think I'll call the painting "Michelle".
The dancer is still not finished. I'm trying a new technique that I read about in Somerset magazine - not sure if I'm going to like it when I'm through but I'll keep working on it to see what I end up with. I put a lot of hours into my paintings because I ruminate on the subject matter so much!
The house painting was inspired by the neighborhood I'm staying in. It's very humble to say the least. The subject of the painting is - as humble as it is, there's no place like home. I'm learning to love my neighborhood with God's help. There's a move to revitalize the area by bringing in the arts and encouraging artists to purchase homes here. I used to think years ago that it would be great for the city to turn East Lake into an arts district by giving artists affordable housing and bringing a new dimension of culture to the area. When I was younger, I used to go to East Lake Park to walk and feeds the ducks. When I was a child there was a ferris wheel, merry-go-round, and train rides through the park. I vaguely remember it though. There's also the Ruffner Mountain Nature Center that is located at the foothills of the Appalachians that is just five minutes away. Amazingly, I have never actually visited the nature center! (I need to get out more!) Yes, it would be great to see this area revitalized again!